Victim Impact Statement to my ex husband, my abuser
When I was told I could write a statement about how the violation for the Order of Protection has affected me, I was appreciative that possibly my words would help bring some reality to the offense at hand. I don't think many victims of domestic abuse get a chance or feel comfortable that their words will make an impact, and maybe mine won't either, but all I can say is I tried instead of silently standing by and feeling defenseless.
After the Order for Protection was issued and the visitation schedule was set, I was hoping that Mr. JOHN DOE would follow along with the no contact order, however after being married to Mr. JOHN DOE for almost 9 yrs and knowing his background and how he likes to push the limits with the law, I was not surprised when he violated the Order for Protection.
After I received the missed call and text messages, I remember shaking. My friend even made the comment about me shaking and my whole body language changed. Mr. JOHN DOE scares me. He has used intimidation, manipulation and bullying throughout our marriage with myself, and others, to get what he wants because he believes no one will stand up to him because they are too scared. Well enough is enough. Yes, I still am fearful of my life and that he will find me, hurt or even kill me and take our children and run. Him trying to contact me that day on August 31, 2020 was his way of trying to sweet talk me back into believing he would change and just to let me know he could still get to me if he wanted.
No one should have to live in fear like that, and with people who feel they are entitled to treat others with disrespect and abuse. I choose not to be a victim, but to confront a bully and stand up for what is right. Thank you for you time and listening to my statement.
Comments
Post a Comment